8 yr 11 month old got her period mom2princesses Due July 3; 4 kids; NY, NY, United States 1971 posts
Jan 16th

Help! I was so not ready for this. My daughter turns 9 next month but yesterday she started her 1st period. I started mine at 11 1/2, my sister at 11 and younger sister at 13 so I was not expecting her to be an early bloomer. She started developing since around 7 1/2 so I could see she might get it soon but not this soon. Should I take her to her dr.? She is a little on the chubby side so I am scared it might be a thyroid issue. I am glad I had talked to her since before so she wasn't scared when it happened. Have any on you experienced this or no someone who had their period at 9 or almost nine? One of my cousins was nine but again my daughter doesn't turn 9 until next month. I feel so sad this happened to her so little. 

Michael Myers 4 kids; 1 angel baby; visalia, CA, United States 3544 posts
Jan 19th

I was a very tiny and skinny little girl and I also got my period around that age. I wouldn't worry about it being a thyroid issue or anything like that. She is just an early bloomer.

tinana+3 3 kids; 1 angel baby; Orlando, FL, Virgin Islands 48328 posts
Jan 27th

I mean, she’s young.. but it’s still in the realm of normal. You can mention to her doctor but I don’t see anything alarming enough to bring her in quickly. Good luck, mama.

tcrabtree85 1 child; United States 6 posts
Feb 14th

that is definitely too young, take her to the doctor asap

tcrabtree85 1 child; United States 6 posts
Feb 14th

it said 7 year 11 months and that she turns 8 just a few minutes ago why did you edit it

tinana+3 3 kids; 1 angel baby; Orlando, FL, Virgin Islands 48328 posts
Feb 17th

Quoting tcrabtree85:
it said 7 year 11 months and that she turns 8 just a few minutes ago why did you edit it

It never said that, and the post is a month old.