4 oz or 8 oz bottles? s.daud Due April 3; 3 kids; Hamburg, Germany 2051 posts
Dec 11th

Hi everyone!

I just want to know, is it even worth getting the 4 oz bottles, when eventually baby is gonna use the 8 oz bottles?  Ir is there something I'm missing about the benefits of a 4 oz bottle?  Does it help with gas or something?

tinana+3 3 kids; Orlando, FL, Virgin Islands 48291 posts
Dec 11th

Quoting s.daud:
Hi everyone!

I just want to know, is it even worth getting the 4 oz bottles, when eventually baby is gonna use the 8 oz bottles?  Ir is there something I'm missing about the benefits of a 4 oz bottle?  Does it help with gas or something?

If you’re breastfeeding, it’s unlikely that your baby should ever need an 8 oz size bottle. We used 4 oz bottles. Avent Natural worked best for us. 

Formula fed babies will likely need the bigger bottles but not initially.

Drew90 Due December 28; 3 kids; 3 angel babies; Hodgdon, ME, United States 7418 posts
Dec 13th

4oz bottles worked well for us, and we formula fed. I think ours might be 6oz actually, last measured line on the cup though  is 5oz now that I'm checking it out, but there's quite a bit more space in the cup after that. Honestly it helped a lot when my son started holding his own bottles, because he couldn't hold on to the big ones.  He's almost a year old and still never drinks more than 6oz at a time unless he's going to take a nap and before bed