2 year old with COLD SORE?!?! NicoleAshley721 Due October 1 (boy); 1 child; 1 angel baby; United States 291 posts
May 2nd '17

My daughter is 2,
She has a cold sore in the corner crease of her mouth, it's pretty ugly. Not sure where it came from, she woke up with it this morning..
First question: How does a 2 year old get a cold sore?!?! I've never had them and neither has her Dad.
Second Question: Is there anything I can put on it to make it go away?? She's being super whiney and b*tchy today, not sure if it's because of the cold sore or just the terrible twos kicking!

Thanks!

Team❤Pink 3 kids; 4 angel babies; Maryland 4721 posts
May 2nd '17

If someone kissed her on the mouth that has the virus, it could have been passed to her. 
Maybe if she's been fussy, she's not feeling well. Could be a blister from hand, foot and mouth. 

Mel[ish] 7 angel babies; United States 1055 posts
May 2nd '17

If it's a cold sore, you need to get her in to see the pediatrician! 

tinana+3 3 kids; 1 angel baby; Orlando, FL, Virgin Islands 48305 posts
May 2nd '17

Maybe it's a canker sore? I used to get them when I was a kid. 

https://www.uhs.umich.edu/coldcankersores

♥Jessie♥ Due June 14; 5 kids; 2 angel babies; Idaho 14910 posts
May 2nd '17

Quoting tinana+2 (21w):
Maybe it's a canker sore? I used to get them when I was a kid. 

https://www.uhs.umich.edu/coldcankersores

This. 

Addi&Aria'smama 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Florissant, Missouri 8261 posts
May 2nd '17

Quoting Team❤Pink:
If someone kissed her on the mouth that has the virus, it could have been passed to her. 
Maybe if she's been fussy, she's not feeling well. Could be a blister from hand, foot and mouth. 

Exclamation  I would take her to see the pedi only because if it is a cold sore they might have a better idea of what to put on it. 

Like the the above poster said it might be hand foot and mouth. 

Drew90 Due December 28; 3 kids; 3 angel babies; Hodgdon, ME, United States 7424 posts
May 2nd '17

I would go to the doc and get it swabbed to be sure it's a cold sore.  They might want to get her some antivirals 

Meganryan1015 Due May 21 (boy); TTC since Sep 2015; 1 child; 1 angel baby; United States 370 posts
May 2nd '17

It could or could not be the virus. You would need to take her to ped to have tested but I will say my son when he was younger about 2ish would get cracked lips sore on the creases of his mouth from moisture, took him to Dr because I was concerned it was herpes virus, it ended up being angular chelitist (spelling?) Gave up some triamcinolone cream and it was gone in two days , if I start to notice it coming back in creases I apply just a tiny bit before he goes to sleep and it's gone by morning. 

CaperMommy TTC since Dec 2016; 2 kids; Somewhere over the rainbow., OZ, Canada 1236 posts
May 2nd '17

It is possible that someone kissed her who had it. Or maybe she put her mouth on a surface or utensil that someone who has a sore had touched/used 
They are quite painful. I would take her to see her pedi, if it is a cold sore they can give her an antibiotic that will help with discomfort and help speed up healing.

Britny Due January 13; 4 kids; 1 angel baby; ,, ,, United States 20879 posts
May 2nd '17

I had cold sores as a child and there's a chapstick called herpecin it works wonders
and if it is a cold sore don't fret like over 90% of our population literally has HSV 1 Google it lol

Thinkaboutit 4 kids; United States 2511 posts
May 2nd '17

Or could be impetigo....google it. Pretty common. My 4 yr old just had a little spot of it. OTC polysporan clears it up.

mar121 Pakistan 25 posts
Jun 18th '17

Toddler magic tea contains Peppermint, Chamomile, Rooibos, Fennel, Licorice Root. All these ingredients are good for digestion and common cold in babies and toddlers. My baby caught with cold and was having indigestion and this tea was lifesaver for us.