2 questions in 1 browncrayon07 2 kids; 4 angel babies; Dixon, Il, United States 2329 posts
Apr 23rd '17

Question #1: How many bottles would you say your 7-9 month eats a day?? DD had her 9 month check up last Friday. They treated it as her 6 month check up since she was 7 weeks early. Anyway Doc asks me how many ounces and how often she's eating. I told her 8oz every 3 hours(that's an average some times she'll go 4-5 hours, but not often). She then asks how long she's sleeping. I told her 12 hours straight through the night. So, on an average day she's getting 4 bottles. Doctor then asks how many times A day is she eating baby food. I told her probably once a day, if that. So she tells me she I need to be feeding her food 2-3 times a day and she shouldn't get more than 3 bottles. I don't really push the food, because from my understanding babies don't NEED it to survive. They just need breastmilk/formula the first year. Just the way she said it made me feel like I was starving my baby. 

Question #2: DD has a diaper rash. At first it started out as just redness. I was using desitin at every change. Doctor prescribed Nystatin 3x daily. Now it looks like a poison ivy rash. That's the best way I can think to describe it. Is the medicine just drying it up?? Or should I be concerned??

Britny 4 kids; 1 angel baby; ,, ,, United States 20873 posts
Apr 23rd '17

I feed my 9 month old 3 times a day and can tell he absolutely needs it 
but that's him lol

so I would try personally 

also lucky lol
my baby only sleeps about 5 to 6 hours
and still nurses every 2 hours even with the food lol

S0иy. и☆ Due December 14; 2 kids; 1 angel baby; O, N, United States 777 posts
Apr 23rd '17

My daughter at the age she's now 14 months still nurse every 2-3 hours. Occasionally table foods. She hated baby food. 
Idk if just me but 8oz every 3 hours seems a lot.  I could by wrong. I never formula fed my children.

Drew90 Due December 28; 3 kids; 3 angel babies; Hodgdon, ME, United States 7420 posts
Apr 23rd '17

They don't need food the first year.  I'd just try it a couple times a day and see how it goes.  My dd1 didn't eat much at all before a year and then up til she was almost two pretty much everything had to be pureed. 

Dd2 was eating meals around the time she was 1 lol so all kids are different. 

Also I think my kids were drinking about that much.  They never drank 8oz at a time though it was 4-6oz  but they were getting about 30oz of formula daily

Apr 23rd '17

Also they need more iron and zinc than breastmilk alone provides so it someone opts out of food then they should see their pediatrician to see if they need any added vitamins

browncrayon07 2 kids; 4 angel babies; Dixon, Il, United States 2329 posts
Apr 23rd '17

Quoting Milk Machine ✌:
Also they need more iron and zinc than breastmilk alone provides so it someone opts out of food then they should see their pediatrician to see if they need any added vitamins

She was sent home from the hospital on Polyvisol. Her pedi the told me she should be taking the one with iron. 

Its been so long since I've had to do this stage, I'm not sure how to go about it, I guess?? Do I give her the morning bottle(at 8 when she wakes up) then do food(usually wants a bottle around 11) then a bottle(which would be around 2) then food(around 5) and then the last bottle(between 7-8)

Apr 23rd '17

Quoting browncrayon07:

She was sent home from the hospital on Polyvisol. Her pedi the told me she should be taking the one with iron. 

Its been so long since I've had to do this stage, I'm not sure how to go about it, I guess?? Do I give her the morning bottle(at 8 when she wakes up) then do food(usually wants a bottle around 11) then a bottle(which would be around 2) then food(around 5) and then the last bottle(between 7-8)

When Z wakes up around 5 he just wants breast then falls back asleep til 7 then I do breast then an hour later i offer baby food if he doesn't want it i don't force it then at 9 i breastfeed again around 10 he has baby food if he didn't want it earlier.  11 breast 12 lunch 1 breast nap then he will have snacks or such and breast til about 6 or 7 and he has baby food for dinner again then breast and breast and bed lol

the baby foods he likes are these bigger containers with pieces of food to chew in it for crawlers and up and he just goes to town

but he loves regular oatmeal with just a tiny bit of jelly in it 

Thinkaboutit 4 kids; United States 2511 posts
Apr 23rd '17

Meh...I try feeding my 6 1/2 month old like every other day...she pretty much just spits everything out and crys...dr says she should be eating 2x a day and nursing less....whatever....do what your baby needs. I swear all of mine just hate baby food.....I torture them with it for a few months then they start eating table foods as soon as they can. 

Does your baby baby have a yeast rash? Athletes foot cream a couple times a day always clears those up for my kiddos....

⭐No Apologies Due April 10; Miami, FL, United States 4076 posts
Apr 24th '17

My now 10 month old (today) eats 3 times a day. Baby cereal in the morning,  a puréed fruit and either cereal or mashed potatoes for lunch and a puréed veggie and cereal for dinner.  He also drinks about 4-5 8 oz bottles a day as well. 

And it sounds like your DD has a yeast infection. Like PP said athlete's foot creme works wonders. 

Mommy to munchkin 2 kids; 1 angel baby; somewhere, TX, United States 1635 posts
Apr 24th '17

My 7 month old eats baby food 2xs a day and gets a 4 oz bottle every 2 hours sometimes he will drink 6 oz then it's 3 hrs later he gets another bottle. I know most 7month olds are drinking bigger bottles but he refuses more than 4 oz at a time. He isn't sleeping through the night either. The rash sounds like a yeast rash. My son had one a few weeks ago I just used the monistat cream on it and it started healing the next day almost completely gone except a couple stubborn spots those took a couple days.

Apr 24th '17

Thank you ladies :)

mrs.white8389 TTC since Jan 2016; 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Florida 2642 posts
Apr 25th '17

Ds2 is 8 months and has 4-5 8oz bottles a day and 1 4oz jar of food with cereal a day. Our pedi doesn't care about pushing foods...wic here in my county on the other hand wants people to limit to 25oz of formula a day and feed 3-4 meals a day..

⭐No Apologies Due April 10; Miami, FL, United States 4076 posts
Apr 25th '17

Quoting mrs.white8389:
Ds2 is 8 months and has 4-5 8oz bottles a day and 1 4oz jar of food with cereal a day. Our pedi doesn't care about pushing foods...wic here in my county on the other hand wants people to limit to 25oz of formula a day and feed 3-4 meals a day..

They do that here in my county too

mrs.white8389 TTC since Jan 2016; 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Florida 2642 posts
Apr 26th '17

Quoting Alessandria✴:

They do that here in my county too

When I lived in st.lucie County they didn't say anything about limiting formula intake or feeding more foods. But then again my county is cheap,  it shows everywhere.

Apr 26th '17

Quoting mrs.white8389:

Yea, WIC lectured me because I hadn't filled the baby food part. They give you 128oz and the only ones that WIC approves is stage 2. At that time she was barely ready for stage 1! I realize I could have just stocked up, but why not have stage 1 approved also?!