7 year old sick every 2 weeks CodingMommyAsh Due March 21 (girl); 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Japan 357 posts
Feb 13th '17

HI everyone.
since fall of 2016 my 7 year old has been getting sick every 2 weeks. By sick I don't mean just a runny nose. He will have a combination of fever, vomitting, cough ect..  and it will take about a week or more to fully heal. Sometimes I will get sick as well

I saw his pediatrician last month and was told the typical, sanitize, take vitamin's, eat healthy ect.. I've been doing that with my 7 year regularly since he was a year old. 

What should I do? Just beyond frustrated. He is behind in school and will fail the year if he gets anymore absences. During the last parent teacher conference his teacher and I discussed how is not able to catch up due to his absences. 

He doesn't go to daycare or go out much except to school, backyard, shopping since it's winter here. 

Anyone else experience the same thing? Did your child get better? What did you do? 

Mom*of*3 ♡ 3 kids; 1 angel baby; United States 77 posts
Feb 13th '17

Has your home been checked for mold? Or any rodent problems? Those things could be hidden for awhile before you notice anything. 

Jennay. 4 kids; Kansas 5222 posts
Feb 13th '17

My son was like that when he was 7 in the Fall of 2015.  Lots of absences and everything.  We even took him to an allergist, but nothing turned up.  He finally just went and got his tonsils out in hopes that would make him not get sick as often, and it did help so much!!  He still gets sick sometimes, but nothing compared to what it was before!  

♡J+C+B+J+0=5♡ 5 kids; Godfrey, IL, United States 5321 posts
Feb 13th '17

I agree with the mold or many an auto-immune disorder. I would get your place checked out. Mold can hide in so many places and you wouldnt even know its there. 

Have Heart 2 kids; 2 angel babies; Western, NY, United States 9013 posts
Feb 13th '17

has he been tested for mono? it's been a rough winter for everyone it seems.

CodingMommyAsh Due March 21 (girl); 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Japan 357 posts
Feb 15th '17

Thanks everyone.
as for the mold thing. 
I'm currently 35 weeks pregnant. If there was mold in my home would it effect the baby? 

♡J+C+B+J+0=5♡ 5 kids; Godfrey, IL, United States 5321 posts
Feb 16th '17

Quoting CodingMommyAsh:
Thanks everyone.
as for the mold thing. 
I'm currently 35 weeks pregnant. If there was mold in my home would it effect the baby? 

It coule but it very well may not. Depends on the kind of mold and the contact you have with it. I had mold in my old house and didnt know through most of my 2nd pregnancy and my son was born healthy and 5 years later is still healthy.