9 "I didn't know I was Pregnant" Stories Jennifer SG TTC since Aug 2015; Montreal, Quebec 8466 posts
Mar 17th '14

1 - The woman training for half-marathon who gave birth, didn't know she was pregnant

Trish Staine thought the severe back pain she was experiencing stemmed from intense training for a half-marathon. Turns out that “back pain” was actually labor pain, and one day later, she was holding her newborn baby girl.
She was 33 and her husband had also had a vasectomy. On June 22 2013 after running two hours she experienced back pain. It got so bad that her husband called an ambulance. It was in emergency that they found the heartbeat an they brought her to delivery. 
The baby was named Mira - short for Miracle. 

2 - The woman who gave birth on the toilet because she thought she had stomach flu

Gaynor Rzepka had no idea she was pregnant – until she gave birth on the toilet. The 25-year-old was at her parents' house in Llantwit Major, Glamorgan, when she awoke with a sharp pain in the early hours of February 16 2014. 
She continued to have her period throughout her pregnancy and experienced little weight gain. The baby was born nice and healthy! 

3 - The woman who didn't know she was pregnant and surprised the 911 dispatcher who took the call

Dakota had complained of back pain, but she was in a car crash a couple of years before and has to sit for extended periods of time at work. She was feeling ill in the fall. When her boss suggested she might be expecting, she took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. She took a second one a month later. It was also negative. One say she felt very tired and decided to rest on the couch. That is where she gave birth at 29 weeks. The baby soon made a quick recovery! 

4 - The Catholic nun who gave birth and claimed she didn't know she was pregnant

Roxana Rodriguez, a Salvadoran nun, gave birth in Italy in January 2014, claiming she had absolutely no idea she was pregnant. She said she was in her convent in Campomoro when she felt stomach cramps and was rushed to a hospital in the nearby city of Rieti. She ended up giving birth to a boy. The 31 year old nun named her son after the pope Francis. The convent's mother superior, Sister Erminia, said, “It seems she was not able to resist temptation.”

5 - The 45-year-old woman who gave birth at ski resort without knowing she was pregnant

A 45-year-old French woman says she had no idea she was pregnant until her baby literally popped out while she was on holiday at a ski resort in the Alps in February 2014. After not feeling well she rushed to the bathroom and 15 minutes later, gave birth to a baby girl while assisted by the dad-to-be sister in law who by chance was a prenatal nurse! 

6 - The teenager who didn't know she was pregnant and gave birth following a kickboxing match

In 2006, 17-year-old Pamela Vugts, a junior fighter from Den Bosch, was rushed to the hospital following a kickboxing match, only to give birth to a healthy baby girl. Unbeknownst to Pamela, or her opponent, the youngster was seven months pregnant when she entered the ring. Following a kick to the stomach, the fighter began bleeding, triggering her trip to the emergency ward. She claimed not to realize she was pregnant even after being 17 lbs overweight and having her belly button popping out. 

7 - The teen who didn't know she was pregnant and gave birth in McDonald's bathroom

In 2007, 16 year old Miller was working the nightshift at the McDonald's in Vancouver, WA when she suddenly ran into the restroom feeling ill. Her co-worker, Jaynae Herrera ran in after her. Herrera asked Miller if she was okay, but something was definitely wrong. Miller was in pain and shaking. To her shock, she was giving birth to a baby, right over the toilet.
Jaynae called 911 and with the assistance of a dispatcher, helped deliver the baby. One of the first things the dispatcher said to do when the baby was delivered was to get the baby out of the toilet. Miller had a six-pound baby boy and named him Austin.

8 - The woman who didn't know she was pregnant and gave birth at home as boyfriend sleeps through it

Nadia Watson woke up with what she thought were period pains but then collapsed on the bathroom floor of her Weston-super-mare home and went into labor. The confused 22-year-old screamed as she delivered 7lbs 11oz baby Poppy all by herself as partner Lewis McSweeney dozed throughout the one hour ordeal in the next room. Her screaming didn't wake her partner but certainly alarmed the neighbors who called police.Police cars and ambulances arrived minutes after the birth.

9 - The woman who gave birth at her front lawn didn't realize she was pregnant

An unsuspected 21-year-old woman was heading to the hospital for what she thought was a stomach ailment, but the pain was so unbearable that she didn't make it. She soon found out however, that she was pregnant and gave birth to a baby boy in the front yard of her New Jerseyhome. 
Thankfully, Barnegat Township Police officers Vinnie Damiano and Michael Moore arrived at thehome a short time later. Damiano says the baby, who appeared to be about three months premature, was not breathing. They delicately performed CPR on the boy, revived him and helped an ambulance crew clear his airway before he was brought to the hospital.

Article: http://www.oddee.com/item_98904.aspx

BlackVelvet 1 child; 1 angel baby; Aurora, Illinois 4769 posts
Mar 17th '14

I was watching the show I didnt know i was pregnant and the woman unknowing gave birth to twins. She didnt know she was pregnant let alone with twins

Clk 2 kids; Dexter, Michigan 12438 posts
Mar 17th '14

I believe it can happen. Also about number two she didn't have her period while pregnant lol, she just bled vaginally while pregnant. 

MotherFalcon Seidkona Due October 23; 2 kids; Fólkvangr, YD, Sweden 6714 posts
Mar 17th '14

this is why first responders should be trained in neonatal rescusitation, as infant cpr is different and could harm the baby.

Squid Kid Unavailable, NA, United States 32450 posts
Mar 17th '14

I wish these things wouldn't say "Had her period while pregnant" since it isn't what happens.

Domonique Wadlow Due September 29; 2 kids; Jay, Oklahoma 270 posts
Mar 17th '14

So I was just on number 2's facebook and people were asking her in november when she was due and how her baby bump was... how is that an 'i didnt know I was pregnant story'?