36 1/2 weeks and 2cm dilated and 70 percent afaced 5th baby. Cristina Bussing-Hill 5 kids; New York 20 posts
Oct 27th '10

I went to my midwife today and when she did my group B I requested she check my cervics cause Ive been having alot of uncommfortable contractions. To her surprise I am 2cm dilated and 70 percent afaced.... She told me the baby is way down and sence this is my 5th baby I would probably go within a week or so... All my friends are telling me that isnt true... That most people stay at 2cm for weeks and I could possible go over my due date... I never felt pre term contraction with my other children and I was never dilated until 38 weeks with the other kids... She told me if the baby came today it would be fine because she thinks it is already 7lbs and its organs look great... Im so uncomfortable I feel like I have a bowling ball between my legs.... Is there something I could do to speed things up or should I just let nature take its course????

Jelly b**bs! Seattle, Washington 872 posts
Oct 27th '10

I was 4cm dilated from 36 weeks until I went to labor at exactly 39 weeks and 6 days.

Sharonblueyes{EBFB} 3 kids; Sequim, Washington 23124 posts
Oct 27th '10
Quoting Cristina Bussing-Hill:
* Sara * 2 kids; Texas 18864 posts
Oct 27th '10

Let nature take it's course. My doctor told me that too and I had a 5 pound 11 ounce baby with jaundice. Granted, she is okay now, it was a scary time.

3 Men and a Crazy Lady 2 kids; Washington 4402 posts
Oct 27th '10

Let it take it's course I say.

Rea Due January 9 (girl); 3 kids; Missouri 4228 posts
Oct 27th '10

im in the same boat but have not been checked yet...im just going with it...i did take the stairs today. so you can try all the old wives tales if you want i guess....sex cant hurt matters, i personalty have a busy week and feel more comfortable holding her in till closer to 38 weeks (when i had my other two) so im not pushing it.

Cristina Bussing-Hill 5 kids; New York 20 posts
Oct 27th '10

Thanks girls... Guess Im just anxious and sence this is #5 my body is just so done lol....

BabyMachine29-preston's m 6 kids; 1 angel baby; South Dakota 7812 posts
Oct 27th '10

ur far enough dialated.. and stuff.. cant do much but let mothernature do what shes gonna do.
but i was 4cm 80% a 35wks with my 7th and i made it to 39w6.
so its very possible.. but doesnt allways happen

i.xi.xiii♥xi.xi.x 2 kids; San Bernardino, California 1129 posts
Oct 28th '10
Cristina Bussing-Hill 5 kids; New York 20 posts
Oct 30th '10
Quoting SHaa ♥FFMB♥:
i.xi.xiii♥xi.xi.x 2 kids; San Bernardino, California 1129 posts
Oct 30th '10