ok so i give my 2 year old old those gummy vitamins.So today I give him one, and close it back, of course it has the childproof top...so,anways all of the sudden i see that hes at the table.with the gummy bottle open..im like Oh crap...he learned how to open it?!!his 7 yr old uncle was with him too(yes, my b/f has a 7 yr old brother)..so im like HOw many did he have?!!! and they couldnt give me an answer, the 7 yr old was like "5"..im like"what?!"...he wasnt even sure....and on the bottle, theres no "warning"for accidental overdose or anything...those things have a lot of iron...so i duno..this was about 2 hours ago, and he seems fine....i was close to bringing him to the hosptial...but...i dunno now...should I be worried??
I would call poison control and see what they say.
Here's the number: 1-800-222-1222.
poison control. Overdose can be very serious specially in small children! Call right away!
Quoting * Amy *:
HI I HAVE FOUR KIDS AND ONE ON THE WAY TAKE IT FROM SOMEONE THAT KNOWS CALL THE DOCTOR ORE TAKE HIM ONE MYU OLDEST DAUGHTER GOT AHOLD OF SOME WHEN SHE WAS 2 AND WAS FINE UNTIL ABOUT 2 THAT MORNING SHE STARTED BURNING UP WITH FEVER THROWING UP CONSTANTLY AND HAD DIARREAH IF I WOULDENT HAVE TOOK HER WHEN I DID THEY SAID SHE COULD HAVE DIED IRON IS VERY DANGEROUS TO KIDS AND THERES ALOT OF IT IN THE VITAMINS AFTER 5 DAYS IN THE HOSPITAL AND HER STOMATCH BEING PUMPED SHE WAS FINE.I HOPE FOR THE BEST
You really need to call Poison control.. You should have called immediately!
if it has any iron get help immediatly
i had the same thing happen with my son. nothing happened but i came home from work and my 16 year old neice wasnt watching him very well and he got into them. now i gotta keep them up and hidden.