27 weeker .casper. 4 kids; 1 angel baby; Neverland, NJ, Christmas Island 2010 posts
Jul 5th

I gave birth to my little girl yesterday at 27 weeks 6 days. So far she’s doing well. Just wondered if anyone here with a baby born at a similar gestation? How long was your NICU stay? Did you have any problems along the way?
shes only just over 24 hours old and I’m in constant fear that they’re going to tell me she hasn’t made it Very Sad
5a2e47bc90ee61a77b97ad6d5abf96ed.jpeg

bia. ., ., Portugal 102479 posts
Jul 5th

Oh wow, congratulations! But, I haven't, I'm sure everything will be OK though, as scary as it is, I'm sure! All the best!

Mombie+2 3 kids; That place, Pa, United States 3189 posts
Jul 5th

She is beautiful congratulations! My preemie was born at 34 weeks so not anywhere close to as early as she is. I’ll keep her in my prayers! 

The Original Bob 4 kids; 4 angel babies; <3, CA, United States 38029 posts
Jul 5th

Congrats hun. Beautiful baby. I had a 33 weeker that stayed in the NICU for 3 weeks. But one of my good friends had a baby born at 25 weeks gestation, the baby was a little over a pound. She stayed in the NICU for about 3 months and she's now a happy healthy 7 year old. Sending you all good and positive thoughts.

SomeMommy 4 kids; 1 angel baby; Chicago, IL, United States 73332 posts
Jul 5th

She is beautiful. I have no experience with that but I do know what you feel is normal. I'm not sure I could sleep or do anything but worry. I would expect her to be there until her due date probably. Take it one day at a time. She looks like a little fighter. 

SpidermansMommy 4 kids; 1 angel baby; Ohio 6859 posts
Jul 6th

Mine was born at 27 weeks, 1 day 18 years ago. She stayed in the NICU for 9 weeks, coming home about a month before her due date. She had a relatively easy NICU course, as she never had to be on the ventilator. She only weighed 2 lbs, so she was a whole pound smaller than yours. I'm sure she'll do well--girls generally have fewer problems than boys when they're born early. You're in for a ride, however--they don't called it the "NICU rollercoaster" for nothing. <3

marmarissa 2 kids; 2 angel babies; Ottawa, ON, Canada 8238 posts
Jul 6th

Sending you so many positive thoughts!  Congratulations mama ❤

tinana+3 3 kids; Orlando, FL, Virgin Islands 47869 posts
status Jul 6th

Congrats!

May she have a smooth and quick NICU stay!

.casper. 4 kids; 1 angel baby; Neverland, NJ, Christmas Island 2010 posts
Jul 6th

She had a rough night. A bleed in her lungs, 2 bleeds on the brain, and group b strep. but she’s stable and still fighting 

Jul 7th

Quoting .casper.:
She had a rough night. A bleed in her lungs, 2 bleeds on the brain, and group b strep. but she’s stable and still fighting 

I'm sorry to hear that, how is she today/tonight?

Jul 7th

Quoting bia.:

I'm sorry to hear that, how is she today/tonight?

She’s had a really good day today with lots of improvements. They weren’t kidding when they said to prepare for a lot of ups and downs!

Jul 12th

Quoting .casper.:

She’s had a really good day today with lots of improvements. They weren’t kidding when they said to prepare for a lot of ups and downs!

How's it all going??

Jul 16th

Quoting bia.:

How's it all going??

She’s still got complications with her brain etc but generally she’s doing really well

Jul 16th

Quoting .casper.:

She’s still got complications with her brain etc but generally she’s doing really well

I'm glad to hear!

SomeMommy 4 kids; 1 angel baby; Chicago, IL, United States 73332 posts
Jul 18th

Quoting .casper.:

Sending her lots of positive vibes and prayers ❤