7 day post tonsillectomy vomiting? *R [E]N%A/Y ¥ 2 kids; Kansas city, MO, United States 4704 posts
Mar 13th

Waiting to hear back from the ent, if I don't in an hour and she is still vomiting we are going on.  Everything I've given her today has came back up.  She also just stopped running a fever yesterday on day 6 which I guess is normal sometimes with adenoidectomy. I'm so tired and not sure if I'm thinking straight. So I called the nurse advice line as I was about to leave to take her to the er. They told me to call her dr and try to get a prescription of anti nausea meds. And if I can't in an hour take her in.  Trying to avoid catching something worse. I think she is staying hydrated well taking 60oz + of water a day,  not wanting to eat anything. but she is shaky and a bit pale. Not cold,  or disoriented. 

eta:good ole bg half my post got cut off, give me a minute to type it back up. 

Lyla & Maxwell's Mommy 3 kids; 2 angel babies; Wisconsin 1575 posts
Mar 13th

My dd never had vomiting past the first day (which was due to the surgery medication) or a fever. I would be concerned too!  

Good luck!

*R [E]N%A/Y ¥ 2 kids; Kansas city, MO, United States 4704 posts
Mar 13th

Quoting Lyla & Maxwell's Mommy:
My dd never had vomiting past the first day (which was due to the surgery medication) or a fever. I would be concerned too!  

Good luck!

Sorry no time to update open yet.  She is still vomiting but her ent returned my message he told me it's normal and to try benedryl. I feel silly but she has had low fevers for a week that would spike between doses of medicine.  And once that finally stopped intense pain and refusal to eat yesterday.  And now vomiting today.  On top of it I have to get an mre and a bunch of blood tests today because I've had a lot of issues myself.  

Lyla & Maxwell's Mommy 3 kids; 2 angel babies; Wisconsin 1575 posts
Mar 13th

Don’t feel silly I would be worried too!  That was not our experience at all as far as the fever and vomiting goes. I will say our daughter lost quite a bit of weight during the 6 weeks following surgery because she just didn’t want to eat. We focused on fluids, pudding, jello, soup, and she got through it.

mακαnαni Hogwarts, .., United Kingdom 77395 posts
Mar 17th

How are the both of you?

*R [E]N%A/Y ¥ 2 kids; Kansas city, MO, United States 4704 posts
Mar 26th

Been a long week between spring break I had to go back to work a few days here and there.  The day after this she started feeling better.  No more fever or vomiting. The benedryl worked for the one day she was vomiting.  Her ENT still doesn't think he needs to see her even though she has a reoccurring fever that stays at 99.0 at least even with meds rotated. Poor kid got 4 days back at school before she got sick and had to stay home again. 
Tomorrow morning first thing I am taking her to see her pedi.  She is staying pretty hydrated and active just a fever that won't pass and her throat is still sore. 

I on the other hand have gotten some biposies back,  I have gastritis and am very malnourished they are tweaking my meds and I'm drinking 3 ensure a day and have gained 4lbs!