39 weeks anger and depression CodingMommyAsh Due March 21 (girl); 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Japan 357 posts
Mar 19th

I'm 39 weeks and will be due in 2 days.
I'm a single mom and will be a single mom again when I deliver this baby.

For the past month I've been extremely irritable, angry and depressed. There is no one to rely on and I just find myself extremely lonely. This is supposed to be a happy time but it's not. This will be the last baby and I should be experiencing this moment with happiness. I don't have anyone to share this moment with which is just painful. Just disappointing. 

is this just a stage I'm experiencing before labor or is it likely to get worse after I deliver this baby? I want to breastfeed, but if I have to take anti depressants I'd rather take them. My kids don't deserve to see me this way. 

bia. ., ., Portugal 102257 posts
Mar 19th

I'm sorry,  really sorry Very Sad I know you've been through so much the past couple years...I would just keep an eye on yourself once baby is born, if you feel you're getting worse, see your doctor ASAP. OR you could even mention it now,  up to you. All the best with the new baby.

NikkiLeAnne Due June 13; 3 kids; Illinois 3485 posts
Mar 19th

If I were you, I'd definitely mention it to my doctor now. I had ppd when I had my first, I also breastfed her. My doctor put me on Zoloft because it's safe while breastfeeding. It helped so much.

im so sorry you have to do this alone :( I hope things get better for you <3

*R [E]N%A/Y ¥ 2 kids; Kansas city, MO, United States 4698 posts
Mar 19th

I think mentioning this now is a good option.  Even if you were able to see a therapist or counselor occasionally it could give you a support system other then your family and friends,  someone with an outside perspective that you can lay it all our with.  A lot of people can replace the need for medication with therapy.  I'm not saying it will but it could be a different option then getting all of these feelings under control.  You have got to remind yourself that these feelings are ok! And they are valid! You know what you have gone through better then any one else,  and only you can decide how your supposed to feel.  But you also need to heal.  And although healing can open you to more pain it is a something everyone deserves.  Especially you for you and your babies.  
What I have found that helps me is reading about what has caused my anxiety and depression.  Understanding why I have these horrible feelings gives me a power over them.  I got an ebook on the courage to heal and it has helped so much I've read it 2 times.  And I go back to it for understanding and insight.  
You are so amazing.  Just remember that no one can be better for your babies then you.  Exactly how you are.  And things will just get better from here.  Every opstical is just a new lesson,  and a step  to heal.  

CodingMommyAsh Due March 21 (girl); 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Japan 357 posts
Mar 20th

Thanks I will be going to some kind of therapy soon. I was seeing one right after my divorce but left. 
I find that yoga helps a lot too and just going somewhere where there's a lot of people and being able to hear voices and laughter around. 

*R [E]N%A/Y ¥ 2 kids; Kansas city, MO, United States 4698 posts
Mar 20th

Quoting CodingMommyAsh:
Thanks I will be going to some kind of therapy soon. I was seeing one right after my divorce but left. 
I find that yoga helps a lot too and just going somewhere where there's a lot of people and being able to hear voices and laughter around. 

That's good,  it sounds like you have found some great cooling mechanisms.