2 for 2 @ 4!!!!! Booger & Bubba's Mommy 18 kids; Illinois 8136 posts
Aug 10th '13

My younger son is 4 & 4m old. He is riding a bike, pedaling it WITHOUT TRAINING WHEELS!!!!! I'm so proud of him. He started on Thursday, did it a bunch yesterday & today is starting & stoping without any issues.

My 6yo was off training wheels at 4 too. He is now riding 4foot dirt jumps in my front yard.

I'd post a video if I could.

user banned Due March 16; 18 kids; Springfield, Georgia 8473 posts
Aug 10th '13

Good job! My son also took his training wheels off right after he turned 4.

user banned 2 kids; Silly, Belgium 6539 posts
Aug 10th '13

Hah, good stuff. DD is almost 4 and can barely peddle with the training wheels on lol.

Booger & Bubba's Mommy 18 kids; Illinois 8136 posts
Aug 10th '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Odafin Tutuola:</b>" Hah, good stuff. DD is almost 4 and can barely peddle with the training wheels on lol. "</blockquote>

I'm not suprised. Both my boys have been on bike since 2. They ride almost daily weather permitting.

My nephew is 7 & still on training wheels. Most kids are.

user banned 2 kids; Silly, Belgium 6539 posts
Aug 10th '13
Quoting Booger & Bubba's Mommy:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Odafin Tutuola:</b>" Hah, good stuff. DD is almost 4 and can ... [snip!] ... been on bike since 2. They ride almost daily weather permitting. My nephew is 7 & still on training wheels. Most kids are."

Yeah she's never really been into her bike tbh. She's more into skateboards and swimming. :P But that's awesome that your boys are early riders.

Kass. Due November 2; 1 child; 2 angel babies; Ottawa, Ontario 11340 posts
Aug 10th '13

Wowie, that's really awesome! DD just turned 5 and doesn't really have an interest in her bike. She has poor muscle tone and unless she's on a bit of a downhill slope, she has a very hard time with the pedals. Your little guy must be so proud of himself!!!! :)

user banned SAN FRANCISCO, CA, United States 24574 posts
Aug 10th '13

Yay. Our kids learn to ride 2-wheelers at 4yo as well...I was really surprised with our daughter since she's not really much of a bike rider, but we took her training wheels off and away she went!

My friends son is 2yo...close to 3, I think...but 2yo none the less and he's riding dirt bike courses!!! It's INSANE!!!