Long story short... Mirena was removed in early march, found out I was pregnant on April 21st. I went that day to the doctor, they did an ultrasound but only found that my uterus was thick and that i was too early to see anything but they did find a huge ovarian cyst.. Friday my husband and I went for our ultrasound to get a due date etc... She said the sac seemed small and you couldn't see anything in it, she automatically ruled it a blighted ovum. She said she wanted me to go get blood draw and then again in 48 hours just to make sure the hcg wasn't doubling before a d&c... She also scheduled me for surgery Monday (6th) to remove my ovarian cyst and do the d&c if the blood work came back bad... I'm just wondering, does it seem too early to say the pregnancy isn't viable? She said in 11 days she would have been able to at least see something... I'm so confused and heart broke. At the same time
Did your levels increase? Maybe your dates could be off.
if you aren't bleeding I'd wait
So she hasn't given you a due date yet? You might just be too early to see anything with an us yet. :/ Have you requested another ultrasound?
How many weeks should you be from your LMP?
I haven't received my levels yet. But they did call on the 21at with my very first blood draw and said everything looked great, she's supposed to call me tomorrow morning before my surgery and give me my levels and if they're normal she's going to cancel the d&c and the surgery for now, my cyst grew 4cm in 11 days so I've got to get it out ASAP it's 12.4cm right now. I just feel like things are moving too fast, on the 21 my pregnancy test was very very faint but there, I took one a couple days before my 2nd appointment and it was almost as dark as the control and then today it was way darker.
<blockquote><b>Quoting tonys_mama(army wife):</b>" How many weeks should you be from your LMP?"</blockquote>
I haven't had a period since last year since I was on mirena so I have no idea how far along I was. Sometime in between march 3 and April 21
I went for a 4 week ultrasound with my son and they saw a sac, but no heart beat. They took blood and told me my levels were low. I had a followup at my OB and they told me I lost the baby and needed a d&c. They did an ultrasound to "confirm" and found a heartbeat. Remember I was 4 weeks when they detected no heart beat. and just two days later found one. I'd say 11 days is too soon! Dont let them rush you. I almost had a doctor terminate my son, who is now 6 months old. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck with everything
If you aren't bleeding I would wait another week or two.
I agree, wait it out forsure!!
Update!!!! Ended up waiting until she called she said my hcg levels went from 3500 to 7000 over the weekend so she wanted an emergency ultrasound before surgery... There it was.. The yolk sac and a bigger gestational sac. Needless to say they canceled the surgery and my cyst had grown as well. I am switching ob's tomorrow I am not at all happy with the roller coaster they put me on
I couldnt say it enough i am SO glad the surgery didnt go through, for this exact reason. So sorry it was a roller coaster of emotions but the little bean is growing day by day so HUGE congrats on that!!!!