Autumn Whisper 1 child; Utah 9977 posts
Apr 30th '13

Genetics don't work this way. Incest increases the likelihood of genetic defect but does not cause it. It merely increases the likelihood of unfavorable recessive pairing, because there is less of a gene pool to draw from. Effects from incest are rarely seen in the first generation that incest has occurred; however, repeated generations born within a narrow gene pool (siblings, first cousins) increases the likelihood of eventual genetic defect, sometimes severe.

There is no reason that the baby might not be completely normal, as though it were not conceived with your biological brother.

That said, your mother is clearly trying to sweep it all under the rug and I do not see that being a permanent thing. Things like this have a way of getting out. And if there was abuse involved, your mother is doing you (and your brother) an even greater disservice by trying to pretend it all never happened.

bia. ., ., Portugal 102158 posts
Apr 30th '13
Quoting Supafly★:" They would need proof - probably a DNA test from the baby. I'm not sure about testifying. You may not ... [snip!] ... not have to if they have enough evidence, or they might give you the option of making a videotape so you won't have to see him."

How long would he get?

OP I'm glad your baby is okay, but I agree with everyone esle. :(

Melissa Juel Due June 21 (boy); 1 child; Glenside, Pennsylvania 135 posts
Apr 30th '13

I read your other post and this one... It shouldn't matter on how long your brother will get.. This focus is on you and your baby.. He did a crime and shouldn't of did what he did.. I am so sorry you re going trough this but you should call the police and tell them everything.. Your mother is wrong for even protectin your brother.. As I repeat I am so sorry that your going through this

Mommy2ThreeLilMonkeys 3 kids; California 5005 posts
Apr 30th '13

i am glad the baby is normal so far.. i pray your lo continues to grow normally and not have any issues.
You're parents are sick people if they believe you not saying anything is better for everyone. You're brother needs to take responsibility for his actions & be prosecuted for them. you could be saving others from him doing the same to them.
your brother is an adult & might do this to other women or girls... he needs help & by keeping quite he will not receive help.
this is a lot to deal with for you & as young as you seem i can see why you can be deceived into thinking its better to keep quite especially if the bull crap advice is from your parents..
I pray that you will have enough strength to tell your OB one way or another...writing a letter and leaving it on the table or handing it to the nurse w/ your urine sample might help you(if you write that you want help & out of the situation- like to talk to police & stay somewhere else for a while). They may pull you out right then to get help & talk to a counselor & police... they can place you in a safe place to receive all that you need. if your parents truly loved you they would protect you & not disown you for doing the right thing(they might come around after a while). if you really live in California & you are somewhere near me i can offer help with anything i possibly can ... if you private message me i will try to help however i can.

Jenna1234 1 child; Iowa 588 posts
Apr 30th '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Supafly★:</b>" I have no idea. There are a lot of factors involved. But even if it's not very long, she can get a restraining order against him for as long as she wants. "</blockquote>

Normally restraining orders/protective orders have to be renewed yearly, butif he is going to react nnegatively and dangerously it might be worth it or finding a home that does not disclose your where-abouts like a battered women's shelter. The restraining orders/protective orders don't always work on everyone since they're just a piece of paper but if he were to be in any sort of contact or distance of you and possessed any weapons, if you disclose that he may, he would be arrested for a violation, if he wasn't in custody already. Its best to act upon getting those orders ASAP as time works against you wi th them if you wait too long from an incidence.

Jenna1234 1 child; Iowa 588 posts
Apr 30th '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Supafly★:</b>" When he gets out of jail, he will most likely be on probation or parole for awhile. His PO will make ... [snip!] ... His PO will make sure the order is enforced and that he stays away from her. One violation and he'll go right back to jail. "</blockquote>

Is he in jail right now? I don't remember reading that lol. But a po will try to enforce it, but there's always those people who violate anyway. Hopefully she finds some sort of safety, after an order like that if I was worried he would violate, or that my parents weren't being supportive, I would seek help to find a shelter by calling a counseling service. I was able to get into contact with one, under different circumstances, and they helped me immensely.

Crystallight 2 kids; 1065 posts
Apr 30th '13
Quoting Chessie Baby:" Hello everyone it's Chessie again. I wanted to tell you I went to the doctor this morning and baby is ... [snip!] ... what's wrong. I do have a question tho. If I did report my brother what will happen to him? How long will he be in jail?"

who cares what happens to him he needs help does your mom know

Crystallight 2 kids; 1065 posts
Apr 30th '13
Quoting Jas ♥:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Elle With Three &1/2:</b>" She fucked her brother and got knocked up."</blockquote> Willingly? OP, good luck."

no i think she was raped

ρiηkie ρie 3 kids; 3 angel babies; Kentucky 21902 posts
Apr 30th '13

I'm glad everything seems okay with baby so far. But as many have already said, you really need to tell your doctor. As for your parents, I'm incredibly sorry they're treating you this way. Please, please report your brother. There are people and resources out there that will help you. You do not have to hide this. You and your child deserve justice. If you want to message me, I'm more than happy to help you find shelters and other resources in your area so you have an out if you do decide you want to report him. Good luck to you hun, whatever you decide to do.

Mrs.Mud 6 kids; 2 angel babies; North Dakota 3314 posts
Apr 30th '13

Do you have a friend that can go to your next appt with you and help you through this? You have nothing to be ashamed of. Your brother and your parents are completely 100% in the wrong. I'm so sorry this happened to you but you need to do the right thing now for your sake and the sake of your baby. This will eat you alive if you do not receive help.

Tara Pope Due May 28 (girl); 1 child; Texas 21 posts
Apr 30th '13

fortunately, it is somewhat of a myth that babies born from first generation incestuous relationships are always deformed or mentally deficient. generally, incest occurring over more than one or two generations starts to cause defects, so your baby will likely be healthy and happy and totally normal in every way. you should tell your doctor who the father is though so that they can help you by offering social and legal assistance. if your mother thinks nobody is hurt from this, she is wrong. if you keep this secret, it will hurt you every single day for the rest of your life.

Kina's Mama Due May 10 (girl); O'Fallon, Missouri 25 posts
Apr 30th '13

It shouldn't matter how long your brother would be in jail for it matters that he would be serving the punishment for what he did to his sister who he is supposed to love and protect no matter what. What he did is wrong and I think you need to turn him in so you can prevent other girls from having to go through this as well. It says your in Cali so I pulled up rape laws for California hope it helps you!
by Lee P Member since:May 30, 2008Total points:2,550 (Level 4)

Per California Penal Code:

(1) Rape:

264. (a) Rape, as defined in Section 261 or 262, is punishable by
imprisonment in the state prison for three, six, or eight years.
(b) In addition to any punishment imposed under this section the
judge may assess a fine not to exceed seventy dollars ($70) against
any person who violates Section 261 or 262 with the proceeds of this
fine to be used in accordance with Section 1463.23. The court shall,
however, take into consideration the defendant's ability to pay, and
no defendant shall be denied probation because of his or her
inability to pay the fine permitted under this subdivision.

264.1. The provisions of Section 264 notwithstanding, in any case
in which the defendant, voluntarily acting in concert with another
person, by force or violence and against the will of the victim,
committed an act described in Section 261, 262, or 289, either
personally or by aiding and abetting the other person, that fact
shall be charged in the indictment or information and if found to be
true by the jury, upon a jury trial, or if found to be true by the
court, upon a court trial, or if admitted by the defendant, the
defendant shall suffer confinement in the state prison for five,
seven, or nine years.

(2) Incest:

285. Persons being within the degrees of consanguinity within which
marriages are declared by law to be incestuous and void, who
intermarry with each other, or who being 14 years of age or older,
commit fornication or adultery with each other, are punishable by
imprisonment in the state prison. ( 16, 24, 36 Months) (3)

There are also monetary fines that can be imposed as well. Up to 5,000.00 for a felony and up to 1,000.00 for a misdemeanor. (4)

Honey you absolutely need to do something for it!

Crystallight 2 kids; 1065 posts
Apr 30th '13

your mom is completely wrong in protecting him you need to have a friend or family member who supports you and helps you not him

I love Daisy xxxx Due July 4 (girl); Manchester, United Kingdom 1422 posts
Apr 30th '13

This is horrible :(
I can't imagine what you'r going through!
You need to tell someone asap, for your sake and your babys, like another person said he could be doing this to other girls you have to make sure he can't.
If he denies it and a dna was done he could say it was consensual so you may have to give evidence though you could do it through a video link so you wouldn't have too see him.
Good luck whatever you do!

Hotpocket Due September 27; 1 child; 2 angel babies; Birmingham, Alabama 985 posts
Apr 30th '13

Maybe Im wrong but depending on your age I think if yo told the dr about the rape she would be required to report it bc you are in a dangerous enviroment. So that may be the easiest route for you to go OP.