Due to my GD, I will be induced on May 2 (thursday) unless the baby is out on or before the due date which is this tuesday April 30. Am kinda scared coz I've heard a lot of horrifying stories regarding induction drugs specially cytotec.
i was induced with cytotec and had epidural, no side effects but had a c-section. i was only 34 weeks though.
I'm trying to stay positive. There's always a risk in giving birth no matter how.
good luck, its time for LO to arrive!!!
Do they have to use cytotec? They used cervidil for my induction.
I had cytotec with my first one. I was one week overdue and only dilated 1 and barely effaced. He told me I set the record, within the hour my contractions were strong and regular and I was on my way to the hospital. He told me the only real side effect was that labor (contractions) would be more intense/ stronger.
Cytotec is much more dangerous than Pit for induction. I used Cytotec to expel my missed miscarriage, but I did not use it for birth. I would seek other options.
I will say this, when I had my second I did learn that the practice I went to decided to no longer use cytotec
My OB said that they never use pitocin anymore coz in most cases it never speed up the labor so I asked what drugs they will give me to induce and she said cytotec. I was never induced with my first pregnancy so I never really care much of induction drugs untill yesterday on my appt. I came home and did a research of cytotec and other induction drugs and I read quite a lot of negative experience. If she's not out yet then, my next appt. will be on tuesday and I plan of asking for another options aside from using cytotec.
I was never made aware of the risks at the time I had to take it. He just decided to do it in the office the day of my scheduled prenatal appt. If I had done research, I probably would have waited or tried another form. Also I with the pregnancy I was given cytotec I also had GB, but he never said that is why he was giving it to me. He said just because I was a week overdue and not much was happening. Have they checked the baby? Is he measuring bigger? If not, couldn't you just say you would prefer to wait a while longer?
Quoting Natalie K:" I was never made aware of the risks at the time I had to take it. He just decided to do it in the office ... [snip!] ... Have they checked the baby? Is he measuring bigger? If not, couldn't you just say you would prefer to wait a while longer? "
They did profiling of the baby 2 weeks ago and she was 7 lbs. which the attended OB that day was quite happy of the result and they put me in monitor every appt. I have and all is well. My son was 6.7 lbs when he was born at 37 weeks, also, I had episiotomy after pushing for 2 hours. I am very petite and I understand the fact that my OB is just avoiding of any possibilities that I might give birth to a huge baby and end up on c-section, I don't want it either.