40 weeks and Pre-E question Soon 2B Mom of 2 2 kids; North Highlands, California 3785 posts
Mar 21st '13

Has anyone had Pre-E and went past 40 weeks?
I am 39 weeks, and I was just wondering what my chances are of them letting me go that far. Everyone I know who has had it was induced at 39 weeks, and I would really rather go on my own if I can. I know I can refuse induction, but in this case I would be to scared to. I go see my doc in a couple hours, but I wanted some insight before I go in. TIA.

Mandhee Dhandapani 2 kids; Houston, Texas 574 posts
Mar 21st '13

I didn't find out til the second day into my induction i had pre e..due to labor ..but your so close...you'll just be monitored closely...as well as your bp..congrats by the way :)

Angel [Mariah's Mommy] 1 child; Indianapolis, Indiana 18065 posts
Mar 21st '13

Normally I'd be all for refusing induction but with you having pre-e it's best to go with what the dr says.

how khuntastik 4 kids; California 1273 posts
Mar 21st '13

if you go to Capitol obgyn i doubt they will let you, but other drs may. i know dr bob pushes induction and c.sections frequently for it. Good luck :)

Blessed Mama of Two (: Due May 1 (girl); 1 child; St Paul, Minnesota 325 posts
Mar 21st '13

2 of my friends had it. One went in at 36 the other at 37. It's not something they take very lightly whatsoever. The bright side of it all your bundle of joy is here just a few weeks early :) good luck!!! Hope all goes well with whatever happens.

mommy2thing1&thing2 Due November 11 (girl); 2 kids; Phoenix, Arizona 3064 posts
Mar 21st '13

I was induced at 37 weeks for pre e

Mar 21st '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Kirsten :):</b>" 2 of my friends had it. One went in at 36 the other at 37. It's not something they take very lightly ... [snip!] ... side of it all your bundle of joy is here just a few weeks early :) good luck!!! Hope all goes well with whatever happens."</blockquote>

Yeah, that's not always a bright side

Soon 2B Mom of 2 2 kids; North Highlands, California 3785 posts
Mar 21st '13
Quoting how khuntastik:" if you go to Capitol obgyn i doubt they will let you, but other drs may. i know dr bob pushes induction and c.sections frequently for it. Good luck :)"

Well damn. I do go to Capital lol. I see Dr. Melchoine today. He delivered DS, and I really like him, so I will go with his judgment. I just found out I have Pre-E at 38 weeks, and have been monitored twice since then. The last time I went my BP was good, and there was no protine in my urine. I have only been drinking water, and trying to eat really really healthy, so I guess I was just hoping if everything was good today I could try to go on my own.

Jennifer Miller Due April 20 (boy); 1 child; Newport, Tennessee 1 posts
Mar 21st '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Soon 2B Mom of 2:</b>" Has anyone had Pre-E and went past 40 weeks? I am 39 weeks, and I was just wondering what my chances ... [snip!] ... but in this case I would be to scared to. I go see my doc in a couple hours, but I wanted some insight before I go in. TIA."</blockquote>

i had pre e ans i went one day passed my due date wth my first one and i had to b induced. It is very rare to get pre e but if u have had high bp throughout this pregnancy or last then u have a good chance of having it again . my dr is keeping a close eye on me feom where i had it with my first child

Mad Hatter 1 child; ........, .., United States 17350 posts
Mar 21st '13

My bestfriend had a c-section at 37 weeks for her pre-e.

Mar 21st '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Jennifer Miller:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting Soon 2B Mom of 2:</b>" Has anyone had Pre-E and went past 40 ... [snip!] ... last then u have a good chance of having it again . my dr is keeping a close eye on me feom where i had it with my first child"</blockquote>

You are not very educated on pre-e are you?

Blessed Mama of Two (: Due May 1 (girl); 1 child; St Paul, Minnesota 325 posts
Mar 21st '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting ⚓ Sarah ⚓:</b>" Shes due in like a week."</blockquote>

Okay, great to know!

Soon 2B Mom of 2 2 kids; North Highlands, California 3785 posts
Mar 21st '13

Thank you everyone for all of your replys :) If they do induce me, I guess I just need to be thankfull I have made it this far into my pregnancy. Wish me luck at my appointment!

ρiηkie ρie 3 kids; 3 angel babies; Kentucky 21902 posts
Mar 21st '13
Quoting Angel [Mariah's Mommy]:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Jennifer Miller:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting Soon ... [snip!] ... a close eye on me feom where i had it with my first child"</blockquote> You are not very educated on pre-e are you?"

That's what I was thinking. Not even trying to be rude about that either.

Michelle459 16 kids; Texas 4 posts
Mar 21st '13

Wow I guess that I am not going to give my hopes up. I was 26 weeks with my first baby and lost him due to sever pre e. I asked my doc if there was any way we could a vaginal birth this time and she just kinda giggled and said let's try to make it to 39 weeks. But seeing all these post I guess I'm not going to get that v-back. :( It's a bummer but I will do what ever I have to to have a healthy baby.