share your experience... :) *Axel's_Mommy* 1 child; Clarksville, Tennessee 120 posts
Feb 28th '13

So i have had issues with my blood pressure in my third trimester, you can read my previous posts to get the full story, but i got a new ob, THANK GOD!!!, and she took it seriously and did a 24 hour urine collection on me and it came back with high levels of protein in my urine, which she expected. But i am now going to be induced on saturday and this is my first pregnancy, first baby, first everything and im nervous and excited but wanted to know everyones induction stories. The good, the bad and the ugly! ALL WELCOME AND APPRECIATED!! :)

~~Kris~~ 18 kids; California 1795 posts
Feb 28th '13

I was induced with my first and second, and i'm getting induced again this monday lol. my babies just don't want to come out.

with my first i was really scared, i was only 17 and had nooo idea what was going on really, they started my drip at 7 or 8 in the morning and broke my water with a hook (ouch) i got an epidural a few hours later because i just could not tolerate the pain. :( around 5 ish the epi started wearing off and the contractions were just back to back, the docs come in and say its time to push and i pushed and pushed and pushed for what seemed like forever, then they got the baby vacuum thingy and helped me, turns out she was 9 pounds 5 oz! no wonder i couldnt get her out myself. lol.

with my second, i went in at 6 am they broke my water at 7 after all the paperwork and junk and then left me for about and hour or two to see if i would go into labor on my own but i wasnt so i got pitocin. I told them going in that i wanted an epi b/c i remember last time it was awful. they said ok and then went to get the guy but then came back and said he was busy but he would come over as soon as he had time. i said ok and waited and waited and waited, and i asked again where the epi guy was they said he was busy and asked if i wanted morphine. at this point i was in a whooole lotta pain so i said yes. it made me feel so loopy but it did take the edge off. anyway.. hours go by and i'm breathing and yelling at everyone ect ect. finally around 1 i realized that the baby was coming soon, i'm not sure how i knew before anyone told me i was fully dilated and i could push. it was easier after i realized i wasnt getting the epidural.. i wish they would have just told me that from the start lol, but it was a small hospital and i think they only had one guy working at the time. anyway, they let me push on my own without counting or anything which was really great and after about 30 minutes of pushing she was here! weighing 7 pounds and 13 ounces.oh also i forgot i had an episiotomy with my first and i tore with my second.

with this baby i really want the epidural if i get induced again.. i'm hoping i go naturally this weekend but i guess we'll see.

Vitameatavegamin 19 kids; League City, Texas 5829 posts
Feb 28th '13

I was induced at 39 weeks with my first two kids.

1st, they began pitocin at around 6am. Fine for a while.
Broke my water around 9:30am.
Started getting bad contractions shortly after. Got my epidural maybe 2 hours later, hard to remember it was so long ago. Then the rest was a cake walk. No pain, even when pushing. Delivered at 3:18pm.

With my second baby, started Pitocin around 5am. Fine for a while. Hard to remember what time certain things happened. But contractions got bad, finally dilated to a 4 at around 4:30pm, so they got me the epidural. It took 20 minutes for them to get the epidural in, I was just in a world of pain at that point, for good reason. In the 20 minutes it took to get the epidural, I dilated from a 4 to a 10. Delivered. at 5:13pm.

White Chocolate Milk 1 child; Chelsea, Alabama 12304 posts
Feb 28th '13

I was induced with DS. Went in the night before and had a crb (cervical ripening balloon) placed which got me to a 4. I hardly slept at all. Around 7 the next morning my doc came in, they started my iv and pitocin and she broke my water. Around 1030 I think, I asked for my epi cause I had finally gotten to a 5 (didn't want to delay labor at all) and I wanted to get some rest because I had a feeling it was going to take a while before I had DS. Around 6-630 pm I started pushing. DS was still really high and hadn't completely engaged in my pelvis so I pushed for a long time.

Finally had DS around 845. Everything went great. I would do it all over again, except for the not sleeping part lol.

DeanJade&Mak's Mom 3 kids; 1 angel baby; Los Angeles, CA, United States 8830 posts
Feb 28th '13

Dean i was induced at 38 weeks...

I went in at 12:00 pm on a monday.... I was transferred that night about 50 miles away.... because surgeon was going on vacation, they knew i wouldn't have baby before he left...
got to new hosp layed there for the night no pains yet, we could see contractions on moniter....
tuesday was a blur, tues night was hell, i was stuck at 6 cm
Weds morn at 2:30am ish they gave me shower, broke my water and gave me epi... I went from 6 to 10 by 7 am
pushed for 21 minutes and he flew out I had huge episiotomy,
he was 4 lbs 15 ozs and 17 in long...

I felt good after, was released next day...


mom2hailey&leah&aria 3 kids; Florida 1280 posts
Mar 1st '13

I was induced with my second child. I went in at 5:00am and it took them about 2 hours to get paperwork filled out and blood drawn before they started the pitocin. I started to feel contractions 30minutes later but they weren't bad. The doctor came in about an hour after my first contraction started to break my water....AND BAM the first contraction after was horrible and they stayed that way. I only got through 3 before I was demanding an epidural. Epidural guy came and then I was in bliss. About 3 hours from my first contraction I was 10cm and ready to push only problem was Dh hadn't gotten there yet. He was in the navy at that time and we had gotten stationed in jacksonville 6 weeks prior to birth so I went and stayed with my mom while he found a place and by the time he did I was only 2 weeks away from giving birth so I stayed at my moms (my hometown was only 5 hours away from Jacksonville). Anyways so I was 10cm and it had been exactly 5 hours since I had been at the hospital so I decided to wait thinking it takes 5 hours to get here from Jacksonville it will be any minute now and he will come walking through that door. 30minutes later no DH, 1 hr no DH, 1 1/2 hr still no DH. At this point I was still thinking any minute but getting completely worried and frustrated wondering where in the heck he was (he didn't have a cell phone at the time). Finally 2 hours rolls around of me waiting at 10cm and at this point I figured there must have been an accident or something so i began to push it took me about 30minutes and Leah was born weighing 7.4oz and 19inches long. 15minutes later DH walks through the door:evil: I could have killed him. Turns out he didn't leave right when I called to tell him they were going to take me that day ( I had been bumped the prior two days due to L&D being full). He had to wait until he could get hold of his command and figured he had plenty of time since our first was a 16hour labor.