SIDS survivor 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Washington 439 posts
Feb 26th '13

I didn't do it with my daughter because my husband and I are young and healthy, then we lost her to SIDS. I know none of that would show up on the test, but going through the loss of another baby isn't something I think I could handle, at least not very well. So if something is wrong, I want to know sooner than later. My OB said they would do an ultrasound before an amnio, and I still have the choice to turn down the amnio if I want. Wont know the results for a week it's just the waiting game. I know there is a risk of false positives, but I'd rather have that than have something be wrong and not know.