(if this is a little random sounding with my typing, I apologize. A little scatter brained at the moment & still in the hospital here! lol)
So Thursday December 6th at 6am we had to be at the hospital for our induction. Registered when we got here, peed in a cup, the whole she-bang. By 7:30 am pitocin started. Labor was a breeze starting out! Wasn't feeling much pain at all... was feeling good... etc. I was 2cm 50% effaced at this point. Around 6 hours into labor my pitocin was bumped up to a 7. I needed an epidural at this point because the contractions were completely in my back & hurt like hell. At this point I was 3cm 70% effaced. During the check, my doctor broke my water. Everything went down hill in that moment. Mallory's heart rate started to drop, due to her not being able to handle the labor with pitocin. I was immediately put on oxygen. Then we found out that everything had literally scared the shit out of her, as there was meconium. So pitocin was put on hold for a few hours & I was trying to labor on my own. We figured my body would just take it's course & continue dilating/thinning all on its self. Which I did, I got to a 4cm & 70% effaced. This is where I completely stopped dilating. In the mean time, my epidural bag was messed up & I had been laboring the whole time without the pain meds. Horribly painful. Then we found out that I stopped dilating on my own. So a c-section was discussed. Doctor wanted to try pitocin again to see if Mallory could handle it & if I would dilate at all. So pit was put back on a 1 & gradually increased. But that is when I needed put on oxygen because I was spiking a fever. I was checked & was 6cm, 70% effaced. Mallory started tolerating pitocin really well so he just kept me on it. Hours passed & I should've been much further along having it been my second baby. So c-section was discussed once again. I was so upset & did NOT want that to happen. The nurse (who was flipping amazing! Nurse Jaime) said she wanted us to go ahead & try this new study they were testing out called the peanut ball. Sure enough, add me to the statistics... peanut ball worked & put me at 10 cm 100% thinned out & ready to go within just 45 minutes!!!! By this time it was 9 o'clock. She was going to give my body an hour to rest before we started pushing. We started practice pushes at 9:40. I pushed on & off for a half hour, continually for 3 1/2 hours. It was extremely painful. The epidural was gone again. I was crying. And oh my goodness! My fever spiked to 102.8 & I was given 2 different doses of emergency antibiotics. Mallory was put under a lot of distress & her heart rate was dropping again. I kept flipping positions with pushing, we tried everything. She really wanted me to be in a squatting position but I was literally so exhausted at this point & in so much pain I just couldn't get up to do it. Dr. F came in & physically helped me push when we found the problem. Mallory was posterior and her head was physically stuck. :( :( So her head was being shoved into the birth canal for too long. It was make or break time as he was going to send me back for an emergency c-section but wanted to give my body one last chance. By the grace of God (and the help of a forearm up me!!!!!) we were able to flip Mallory AND I delivered her. So December 7th (on her due date!) at 1:29am, after 18 hours of labor with hardly any pain medication at all, 3 1/2 hours of solid pushing, I gave birth to a beautiful 8lb 8oz 20 3/4 inch long baby girl with a head of black hair & the chubbiest cheeks :)
Mallory came out sick. Due to the distress of all the complications during labor, she unfortunately suffered while I suffered. I had an infection in my amniotic fluid apparently and that is what gave me the fever spikes. So when I got emergency antibiotics, she got them as well. Her heart rate had dropped & she was not tolerating it well when I needed the oxygen (4 different times). So she was sent to the NICU, put on IV's for fluid & antibiotics for her sickness. Her blood results will be in tomorrow around 930/10am & we'll be able to see if we can take her home or if she'll be stuck for another 7-10 days :( Praying that we'll be able to be discharged with her tomorrow afternoon!!! She's gone through a lot & has managed to excell tremendously so I'm hopeful!
Meeting my baby girl
All snug in her blanket
In the NICU :( in her "space mask" as Landon called it. For oxygen. We couldn't hold her for half of the day because of it :(
Landon meeting her for the first time. My family <3
Beautiful girl <3
Finally in some clothes!
Omg she's gorgeous!!! Congrats!
why did you have an induction :(
she is such a cute baby, congrats!!
You have a gorgeous family! Good job, Momma. Hope you get to take her home! :)
She's sooo cute.
She is a doll!! We had issues in our delivery also and our little girl spent an extra week in the hospital. Best of luck and hopefully she can go home tomorrow!!
Aww she is darling!
Scary birth story :(
What a chunk! She's cute. Congrats.
She is so adorable!! I'm so sorry you had a rough labor. Hopefully she'll be able to go home and not stay any longer! Congrats Molly :)
pretty bub bub...... hope u both recover well
I can't stop looking at all of her pictures! She's so beautiful, Molly. I'll be praying for y'all!
She is beautiful, Molly. I have to wonder if it wouldn't have just been better for all of you to have just had a c-section when your body stopped dilating at 4 cm, however. It might have avoided a lot of the infection/oxygen issues you both experienced. I know you didn't want a c-section, but having had 3 of them, I can tell you they aren't as bad as they are made out to be, and they are definitely better than what you experienced!
So happy that you and your little one are okay...hoping everything continues to go well and you get to bring Mallory home very soon! Congratulations, and I agree with the poster above who said "scary birth story"...very, very frightening!
Congratulations on your baby girl!!! A due date baby!
She is beautiful.