3 days late and negative test... *Mommy of 6* 6 kids; 2 angel babies; Castlewood, Virginia 3449 posts
Nov 20th '12

So we aren't really ttc, I just figured this would be the best place to get good info! I have 30 day cycles, not sure when I ovulate though. And AF is 3 days late now and I took a test yesterday and it was completely negative. I am still nursing My 16 month old dd, but my cycles have been regular ever since they started back. I Don't feel pregnant, but I also don't feel like AF is on the way. My supply has dropped quite a bit. I can tell because she gets very fussy while nursing. I'm going to wait a few days and if AF still doesn't show, I'll test again. Any clue what could be going on? Anyone get a bfp this late? Or could nursing still be messing with my cycle?

mama2manyyy 33 kids; South Carolina 1823 posts
Nov 20th '12

I never got a positive with a home test until I was like two weeks late. I was TTC and had bleeding that looked like implantation bleeding so I tested a week later with two early detection tests and they were negative, then the day after my period was due it was still negative.

*Mommy of 6* 6 kids; 2 angel babies; Castlewood, Virginia 3449 posts
Nov 20th '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting TmA's mommy:</b>" I never got a positive with a home test until I was like two weeks late. I was TTC and had bleeding that ... [snip!] ... a week later with two early detection tests and they were negative, then the day after my period was due it was still negative."</blockquote>

Thanks! We aren't ttc, but I would still be thrilled to have another baby. I have no clue when/if I ovulate since she is still nursing. It's just odd that AF is late. I've had 4 babies, the only time she has ever been late, I've been pregnant. With my 3rd, I didn't get a bfp until she was 5 days late though, I guess I'll just wait it out! Thanks again!

Nov 20th '12

Goodluck! I am only 8 weeks PP and have already been thinking about how I cant wait to have another one.

Nov 20th '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting TmA's mommy:</b>" Goodluck! I am only 8 weeks PP and have already been thinking about how I cant wait to have another one."</blockquote>

Thank you! I just hate not knowing! Lol
Wait until LO starts walking. That's when I always think I need another one! Haha

Nov 20th '12

I know how the suspense of waiting is, its horrible! And we are going to wait until at least our anniversary in Feb to start TTC again, but that is still a little soon. I was pregnant the first month after we decided we wanted a baby so I know I really need to be sure I am ready since it could happen like that again. I have conflicting feelings and had the pregnancy from hell so for now I am staying on the pill until at least then. I know this is probably weird but I think I want to be pregnant more than I want another baby, I really enjoyed being pregnant.

Mommy to 3 ❤️❤️❤️ 3 kids; 2 angel babies; Somewhere, TN, United States 3866 posts
Nov 20th '12

I was just in the same boat as you Hun! I was 8 days late and finally took a test and not 10 min. After I got a bfn I started my period! :/ I think mine are just still messed up since I'm still bf Camden.

Nov 20th '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting BRowell:</b>" I was just in the same boat as you Hun! I was 8 days late and finally took a test and not 10 min. After ... [snip!] ... test and not 10 min. After I got a bfn I started my period! :/ I think mine are just still messed up since I'm still bf Camden."</blockquote>

Well at least it's not just me! Lol. I just figured since my cycles have been pretty regular, they'd stay that way! But apparently not! I'd love another baby though, so it's killing me not knowing!

MOMMY 9.0 TTC since Jan 1997; 6 kids; Minnesota 12388 posts
Nov 20th '12

your awaited AF is making me wait in suspense too!!!

i cant take it anymore!!

did you use cheapies or frer..? get a digi!!
and then get a blood test asap i cant not know anymore!!

TaeganElise35wks1day Due September 25 (girl); 1 child; 2 angel babies; Atlanta, Georgia 1864 posts
Nov 20th '12

I believe it was in october when my cycle was also 3 days late.....which had me thinking ( kinda ) this is it. I believe I took a test on the second day of no show and it was negative, but then while at work on the 4th day it started! I was so sad......cause I want my second baby so bad! Also like OP said some ppl don't get positives as late as 8weeks.

Nov 20th '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting *hiyalindz* [EBFB]*:</b>" your awaited AF is making me wait in suspense too!!! i cant take it anymore!! did you use cheapies or frer..? get a digi!! and then get a blood test asap i cant not know anymore!!"</blockquote>

I bought some Answer tests. So not cheapies, but not the best either! Lol. Since its thanksgiving I'm gonna wait and if it doesn't come by Friday may go see about a blood test!

Nov 20th '12
Quoting
Nov 20th '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting *hiyalindz* [EBFB]*:</b>" thats what i used with corum ...they worked good!! hopefully there is a bean in there :D"</blockquote>

I have one more left! I'm debating on when I should take it! Lol
Keep your fingers crossed! ;)

Nov 20th '12
Quoting
Nov 20th '12

Makes sense to me! You'd think if I ovulated that late, it wouldn't have had time to implant before my cycle started though...but I'm being optimistic so fingers crossed for BFP! Lol
Even though I really don't need a 5th kid yet! Hahaha