I'm 35 weeks pregnant, and 2 cm's dilated. I've been having "false" contractions, but she has already dropped and is in position. I've been to the hospital alot with this pregnancy b/c of pre-term labor. My doctor also gave me 2 steriod shots to mature her lungs b/c she thinks she's coming early. I was just wondering what I should do to up the labor process?? She's between 5 1/2 -6 lbs.
I would just be trying to keep her in for now. Hang in there until 37 or 38 weeks if you can otherwise your baby could be at risk for a lot of problems if she is born now even if she does have a healthy weight. Try to get lots of rest. Once you get the go-ahead from your doctor, walking and using a labor ball are known to help you dialate.
You want it to go FASTER?! I'd be trying to let her cook more! You are not even full term yet!
don't do anything as of now. Just let her bake in there until she's ready to come out!!! Let your body naturally progress. I was having the same problems with preterm labor and I was put on bedrest. Here I am at 37 weeks and 5 days and she's still in there maturing..thank goodness! Just let your body decide when it's time rather than trying to evict her now :)
I would try to get to 37 weeks. I've been dilated to 5 cm for three weeks now and had steriod shots just over a month ago too. As anxious as I am to have this baby I'm thankful for every week he can continue to grow and mature. Great job for getting to 35 weeks! It can be scary when you are still premature and showing signs of early labor. Good luck! :wink:
I dont think you should try to speed the process up. You're not even full term yet. Im in the same boat as you though my doctor just told me 2 days ago that my cervix was opening. My son is already in position too and Im hoping that he doesn't come this early. Im 34 weeks and hoping he makes it full term. You really shouldnt do anything to speed up the process because it could be unsafe the baby could end up with alot of problems this early on. Just take it easy and try to wait it out. Be patient.
well thank you all for the replies. But I was told by nurses at the hospital that 35 weeks is okay. and she has a very good chance of survial. My cousin had both of her girls at 36 weeks, and there's nothing wrong with them. They are perfectly fine. So I think I'll just walk, walk and walk until my water breaks or I start to have "real" contractions:)
Good luck mama, hold her in for as long as you can!
Sorry to get off subject, what is a labor ball?
I don't know who that comment was refering to (shamrock) but I don't appreciate it being on my reply. I have my reason's of wanting to deliver early. I've had problems with this pregnancy (including 3 infections within the past 3 weeks) and with my cervix being opened, I'm kinda worried! I really don't care what other's think, I was just posting the topic to see what others would say.
I can wait. I'm just worried that she's already to big for me to be carrying her. My son was 9 days early and he was 5lbs 13 oz. That's small. And I had to be cut and he gave me a 3 degree tear. I was already told by my doctor that I wouldn't be able to push out a 7-8 lb baby. I also have a tilted uterus and a very thin cervix. That's why I want her out! lol.